All permitted projects require an inspection by a Building and Safety Division Inspector. An inspection ensures that the project is constructed according to approved plans. Jobsites must be available for Inspection Services from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
The Santa Monica Police Department Call for Service information includes requests for police service made by the public, as well as officer-initiated activity. The Call for Service information provided on the Open Data portal dates back to January 1, 2006 and is updated daily. The Police Department continues to make the Daily Calls for Service Report available on their website.
In accordance with Senate Bill 272, the City of Santa Monica has released a catalog of its enterprise systems. Approved on October 11, 2015, SB 272 adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 with annual updates.
Enterprise System is defined as:
- A software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system that serves as an original source of data within an agency.
An Enterprise System does not include any of the following:
- Information Technology security systems, including firewalls and other cybersecurity systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas or water or sewer functions.
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services.
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure by Section 6254.19.
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges or analyzes.
If the public interest served by not disclosing the information described clearly outweighs the public interest served by disclosure, the local agency may instead
provide a system name, brief title or identifier of the system.