Neighborhood boundaries as defined by Friends of Sunset Park, North of Montana Association, Ocean Park Association, Pico Neighborhood Association, Santa Monica Mid City Neighbor, Santa Monica Northeast Neighbors, and Wilshire Montana Neighborhood Coalition.
Preferential Parking regulations limit on-street parking to make it easier for residents and their guests with permits to find a parking space near their home. Only residents who live on a block with preferential parking restrictions are eligible to purchase a permit. [SMMC 3.08] A Preferential parking permit exempts a vehicle from preferential parking restrictions within the specified zone and within a two-block radius of the registered address.
In accordance with Senate Bill 272, the City of Santa Monica has released a catalog of its enterprise systems. Approved on October 11, 2015, SB 272 adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 with annual updates.
Enterprise System is defined as:
- A software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system that serves as an original source of data within an agency.
An Enterprise System does not include any of the following:
- Information Technology security systems, including firewalls and other cybersecurity systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas or water or sewer functions.
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services.
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure by Section 6254.19.
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges or analyzes.
If the public interest served by not disclosing the information described clearly outweighs the public interest served by disclosure, the local agency may instead
provide a system name, brief title or identifier of the system.